Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Girl's Day




(photo by papadont)


March 3rd is Girl's Day (Hinamatsuri) in Japan, and I found this cute image of bunny Emperor and Empress dolls on flickr. My grandma wasn't an exception of any other Japanese grandparents who are so passionate about getting special doll collection for this tradition.

 
(photo by opencontent )


It must depends on how much passion your family put into this event, but this is a typical doll set they purchase for girls. Mine is just like this, and they've been sleeping in the closet for a very long time. It takes up so much space, and I always found the dolls a bit freakish as a kid:-) I still prefer seeing a bunch of bunnies with cute little kimonos on 7 platforms in my living room. Maybe it would be a good project to make stuffed animal hinamaturi dolls for my future baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment