Thursday, March 11, 2010

Gosse de peintre: Takeshi Kitano's first exhibition



I am lucky to find this article of Wallpaper Magazine online.  Fondation Cartier will have the first art exhibition of Takeshi Kitano, Gosse de peintre.

This is the first time for me to see his paintings. I grew up with his comedy shows. Every Saturday on 9pm, I watched him going outrageous on TV. It was sometimes outrageous enough to make every parents in Japan nervous:-) He's one of the comedians who established the current style of Japanese comedy shows. So, 'Beat Takeshi' is more familiar figure than the artist, Kitano Takeshi to me.

I wish I could fly to Paris and check out the exhibit.
Thank you Wallpaper Magazine for putting the slide show.

You can find out more about Gosse de peintre on the website of Foundation Cartier.

No comments:

Post a Comment