Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy Sant Jordi Day!



Did you know that April 23rd is Sant Jordi Day in Catalonia region in Spain? It's kind of like their own version of Valentine's Day.  I bought this mini Sant Jordi books in Barcelona looong time ago.  I thought they were so adorable. The little paper rose reminds me of the rose in the story of  The Little Prince.

Speaking of roses..




These are some illustrations I made for my embroidery project. It's strange to say that I'm not sure the flowers are roses:-)  Mostly my illustrations come from my imagination, and I like it that way so far.  Obviously..these must be roses, and probably that comes from roses I've seen on the street these days.  Freestyle is my style:-)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! And don't forget to celebrate another day for LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment